- How many years of experience do you have?
- Asher’s has been remodeling homes in the Chippewa Valley for over 44 years. With a 2nd generation of Asher ownership and the best home improvement installers around, the results are incredible.
- What is your coverage area?
- Our coverage area is different for each product, because of territory restrictions, but in general, our coverage area is typically a 45 mile radius of our location. For example, our coverage area is much larger for our Gutter Helmet product than it is for our Renewal by Andersen product. Just give us a call to see if we can cover your area!
- Does it cost anything to get an estimate?
- No, our estimates and consults are absolutely free. All we ask is that all involved parties are at the appointment and that you allow enough time to get through the estimate and questions you may have.
- How much time should I allow for my estimate?
- Typically, we allow 60-90 minutes for an appointment. Depending on the questions that come up and the scope of the project though, you may need more time than that.
- Why do you request that all homeowners are present for the estimate?
- Because the goal of our appointment is to answer all your questions, discuss all your options, and give you a price in writing, we ask that all homeowners are present. We like to be as efficient as possible, so getting everyone on the same page in your household is a great start to getting an accurate estimate.
- What should I expect during my appointment?
- Some of our homeowners know exactly what they want when our consultant walks in the door. But for many homeowners, this is uncharted territory. When you schedule your free in-home design consultation, here’s what will happen:
1.First, we’ll listen to you about your goals, problems you are having, and the vision you have.
2.We’ll inspect your home’s current situation and identify any unique design and installation challenges.
3.He/she will explain our product(s) to you so that you can determine which options to choose for home. Our products are unlike any other products, so you will want to be informed on what you are getting an estimate on.
4.He/she will answer any and all questions you have—whether they are about the products, installation, schedule, warranties, etc…
5.Your design consultant will look for the best possible deal for you—letting you know of any current specials or offers running, configuring bulk or quantity discounts, and walking you through all of our flexible payment options.
6.Your consultant will draw up an electronic contract through our iPad® app and have it ready for you along with a detailed estimate.
- Why is the individual design consultation so important?
- There’s no home exactly like yours, so you shouldn’t expect a one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to your windows.All of our windows are custom crafted and made-to-order to fit your home’s exact needs. Therefore, before our trained design consultants can give you an estimate, they need to learn about your situation. Your consultant will meet with you in the comfort of your home, at a time that fits your schedule. He/she will walk through the details of your particular situation, listen to your needs, talk with you about a number of options, and provide you with pricing for your specific project that will allow you to review your options and make the best decision for your home and your budget. Because your home is unique, it shouldn’t be treated like any other house on the block—that’s why your design consultation is so important.
- What is included in my estimate?
- Your consultant will tell you specifically what is included, but our price always includes all materials, labor, and sales tax. It also includes the disposal of old materials and service from our trained and experienced installers.
- Can I purchase your products and install them myself?
- Fortunately, for the best interest of everyone involved, we install all of the products we carry. Installation is such a crucial part of any home improvement project. We also warranty our installation so that you don’t have to worry about a thing.
- Why do you only carry one brand of each home improvement product?
- At Asher, we believe in getting things right the first time. We do not offer a good, better, best system. We will only offer the best system. While our products are not the least expensive, they are the best products to improve your home once.
- Once I book my project, how long will it take for you to do the work?
- Your consultant will have an idea on the production schedule when they are at your home for your estimate. Please keep in mind that this changes daily and is largely based on how many customers are on the list in front of you, how long it takes to get the materials you ordered and weather leading up to your project. Your consultant will give you a time frame of when you can expect to hear from our production manager.
- What is a Certified Master Installer?
- Our Certified Master Installer program takes ͞professional͟ to the next level with meticulous training, extensive supervision, and high expectations. Prior to certification, we require all trainers and installers to demonstrate their knowledge of construction materials, building codes, and installation methods.
- Can I see an operate your products before I make my purchase?
- Absolutely! We have an indoor showroom where you can operate full size windows, look at full size doors, have a demonstration of our gutter protection, view and operate awnings, etc… This will help tremendously in your decision-making process to see if our products are the right fit for you.
- What payment options do I have?
- We accept cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Green Sky and bank financing.
- What kind of financing do you carry?
- We have an amazing partnership with Green Sky financing that offers several plans to fit your needs. Green Sky offers a quick and easy application process; no digging up paystubs or forms! The financing is 100% unsecured and loans are available in amounts from $1,500 to $55,000.
- Do you provide clean-up and debris removal upon completion of a remodeling job?
- Yes. We make special efforts to minimize our foot print both during and after completing our remodeling work. Some customers tell us we cleaned up better than it was before we started their project!
- Is the price I have been quoted the final price or are there any hidden charges?
- The price you have been quoted is the price you will pay. However, nobody will be able to determine the condition of hidden elements of your home. For example, if there is any rotted wood or damage that is unseen, we do not simply cover up and conceal these items from you. You will be given the opportunity to personally inspect these areas and you will be given a price for repairs before you ever incur any charges. There will never be any surprise charges that you have not been made aware of and have not authorized.
- Are you able to work with asbestos?
- Yes, our installers have been trained with Wisconsin safe asbestos best practices.